A Guide to buying a Caravan or Lodge on a Holiday Park
1. Location, location, location
If you plan to make regular use of your holiday home make sure your chosen location is within an easy driving distance. Think of the travelling time, length of visits, location to family and friends and the choice of attractions and amenities on offer. Don’t drive? Check out local train, coach and bus connections.
2. Out and About
If you enjoy a woodland ramble or a brisk jaunt along a coastal path, keep the environment and facilities in mind when making your decision. Our diverse choice of UK Holiday Parks includes parks in some of the most breathtaking areas of natural beauty in the British Isles. As an alternative many Parks also offer Health Centres, Water Sports, Golf, Fishing, Restaurants, Bars, Clubs and that all important Swimming Pool.
3. Finding your Park
Call one of our dedicated team at the UK Caravan Centre to find your perfect park, once you have decided where you would like to be, the facilities you want and the budget you have. We can help you start your journey to becoming a Holiday Home owner.
4. Choosing your pitch/ Holiday Home
Depending on your budget, you may choose to select a vacant pitch and pick a new Holiday Home that fits your requirements, there are a wide choice of both Holiday Caravan and Lodge styles and makes to choose from. All models provide varying levels of style, quality and features but ultimately the decision will be based on your own choice and personal circumstances.
5. The Little Extras
Once you have chosen your dream Holiday Home, the team will be happy to go through any options that are available, such as deckings and storage boxes. They will also make sure you have a full understanding of the essentials such as the running costs, the licence agreement, the pitch fee and insurance, so there is full clarification and no hidden surprises.
6. Ongoing costs
As with any major purchase you need to consider the price and the ongoing running costs, for example;
- Site Fees – These are annual fees and vary by park and plot
- Insurance – You will need to insure the value of your holiday home and contents. Please see the advertisers in this publication for reference or visit the internet
- General Maintenance – Modern Holiday Caravans and Lodges are extremely well constructed and require little or no external maintenance. Manufacturer warranties can be extended but do not cover damage from wear and tear, ask your supplier for details
Many people choose to subsidise the cost of ownership by letting their holiday home. This can help towards the annual fees payable. Many parks will offer rental programmes including booking and maintenance arrangements such as cleaning. Ask your park owner for details.
Our commitment to you
To listen to your needs and requirements
- To make the purchasing procedure as simple and stress-free as possible
- To continually re-invest to maintain and improve the Parks
- To provide great and ongoing customer service after purchasing
- To take on board your feedback to continue to improve the service we provide