Essentially there is no difference between a static caravan and a mobile home. Some people use the term mobile home to describe Park Homes, whilst static caravans are normally referred to when discussing holiday parks.
A mobile home (also static caravan, caravan, trailer, trailer home, house trailer) is a prefabricated structure, built in a factory on a permanently attached chassis before being transported to site.
Used as permanent homes, for holiday, temporary accommodation, staff accommodation and emergency housing they are left often permanently or semi-permanently in one place, but can be moved.
When a home arrives in two sections, it is typically called a ‘twin unit’.
Many of our customers buy a mobile home for just that, whether they need it for temporary living during a self build or are buying it for their retired parents who would like to be closer to the family for occasional assistance. The insulation can be increased to a residential spec if you want it extra warm, but many of our customers are happy with the standard specification that the mobile homes come in.
See Section 4) for the many benefits of living in a mobile home:
Many mobile homes feature Double Glazing and Central Heating. If you have both these features, it can still mean that the home doesn’t qualify to have the specification BS 3632, the Residential Specification. BS 3632 is a residential specification which means the mobile home is designed for residential use. However a mobile home can still have elements of this residential specification but doesn’t qualify as a BS 3632 home as the rooms have to be of a minimum size.
The EN 1647 standard generally means that the mobile home won’t have as high grade of insulation level as the BS 3632. You can get a mobile home which is large enough be built in a BS 3632 spec also in EN 1647 spec.
There are also different grades of insulation, to make the home more suitable to what you are using it for, call our advisers to find the home that is right for you.
Our caravans truly are a ‘home from home’, with optional features such as dishwashers, American style fridge freezers, wine coolers, and washer/ dryers. All our static caravans are well insulated and can be tailored to your needs, see Point 4 below for our insulation information
Here are the just some of uses and benefits of Mobile Home living:
Temporary Accommodation during Self Build Projects
- Increased security
- On site to make any decisions regarding your house project and to monitor the progress
- No relocation for the family, kids are still the same distance to the schools, their friends etc..
- You don’t have to struggle to find a suitable normal rental property if you have pets
- If your project over runs then you don’t have to worry about paying more rent
- Increased security for your business
- Your staff can live on site which is an attractive prospect for a lot of workers
- You don’t have to struggle to find a suitable normal rental property, which may not even be close by
Granny Annex Accommodation
- Want to be near your loved ones but still want your own independence?
- You can live independently in your family’s garden (subject to your local authority’s approval) but be near enough to the main home if assistance is required
- Our homes are extremely comfortable and can be tailored as much as possible to suit your needs
- Wheel chair friendly homes available
- All one level living
Pre Home Owners
- We are finding that with the on-going hike in house prices, people are struggling to buy their first brick built home. Many of our customers are buying a mobile home in order to achieve their living space and putting it on family’s land.
- Affordable housing
- Have your own space
- If you are putting it private land, you won’t have the mortgage repayments to keep on top of
Park Home Residents
- Some of our customers are investing in purchasing a mobile home to enjoy the park life, whether it is as a second home or as their main residence. Call us if you would like us to help you find a park.
With Delta’s wealth of knowledge and expertise they have designed homes which will make a huge difference to a person’s ability to maintain a safe and independent lifestyle and enable them to carry out daily activities that may have been affected by various situations such as: frailty, ill health or a severe injury.
Such design features include:
- Full wet room
- Low level kitchen
- Extra wide doors
- Lino throughout, with no carpet bars
- Reinforced hand rails
If there are any features you would like to include to make life easier for you or a loved one, simply give us a call, we will try to accommodate any requirement.
If you want the peace of mind knowing that you won’t have the hassle of selling your mobile home when you no longer need it, when you buy your home from us we can offer our ‘buy back service’ and agree a price to buy it back off you within a specific time frame.
There are four costs in a mobile home; the Mobile Home, Transport, Siting, and Connections to Services.
Mobile Homes unlike their name are not that mobile, they are transported around on a large HGV by specialised companies.
The UK Caravan Centre has partnerships with a selected few Caravan Transport companies which we entrust our mobile homes with. We include free transport to UK Mainland for our new homes.
Once the HGV vehicle has unloaded your home in a suitable location, a siting team can then take over to pull the mobile home with a 4×4. Once the caravan is in your desired location, the home will then be jacked up and supports will be placed underneath the chassis where required. We can provide this service for you, the cost depends on how complex the job is.
Connections to services
The connections that you need to consider are the following:
- The water supply to the home
- The water / waste from the home – by connecting to the existing drains, or a cesspit.
- Electrics – Once your home is in situ, a qualified electrician will then need to connect your home to your supply.
- The Central Heating (if applicable) and the Hot Water are generally powered by LPG bottled gas. When you are ready for your home to be connected to the gas, you need to instruct a Gas Safe Engineer. Go to http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/ to find a local engineer to you.
We are very proud to have been asked to be Delta Caravan’s Official Dealer.
We have a close working partnership with Delta, and feel that we are well equipped to help our customer’s choose the right home for them.
There are hidden advantages in buying through a dealer which otherwise may end up costing you a lot of money in the end. So although may seem slightly more expensive in the beginning it ends up being a lot cheaper
- Dealer Expertise: For a start, dealers usually have access to greater technical and mechanical expertise than a private owner. At the UK Caravan Centre, we have expert knowledge how Delta’s caravans work, put together and all aspects of the home, delivery, siting and installation.
- Warranties : Mobile home purchased from unauthorised dealers may not come with official warranties, meaning that if there are issues with the homes the consumer will be forced to pay for repairs that would otherwise fall within warranty coverage – or, in some instances, the dealer will offer their own warranty.
- Better Selection: Finally, a dealer can offer a wide selection of Mobile Homes in one place, from one source. This cuts the work that a prospective buyer needs to do in looking through lots of advertisements and speaking to a number of different people. A dealer with his or her own premises should be able to show you a number of Mobile Homes that fit your budget and requirements.
All of our new homes come with a manufactuers warranty, this ranges from 12 months, for certain parts to 10 years, as like with a home different items have different warranties, such as white goods, windows, boilers etc.
If there does happen to be any after sales issues with your home (other than fair, wear and tear), we will make sure it is put right for you.
In some cases we do come and see you, we like to maintain a relationship with our customer after they have purchased a home from us, and seeing the problem in the flesh in our experience makes it a lot easier all round.
There are extended warranties available for items such as the boiler. If you would like more information, please give us a call.
“We purchased a Delta Superior mobile home from The UK Caravan Centre, and are really pleased with the service, and very happy in our new home.”
Charlie & Vivienne – Essex
“We’ve had our mobile home (Delta Resort Plus 29×12) since June 2015 and are still very please! The UK Caravan Centre was a great choice. Catherine especially was excellent, helping us choose the right home for our needs and assisting us with all the organisation. The mobile home itself is brilliant, incredibly spacious and modern. Couldn’t recommend them enough.“
Danielle & Marcus – Tunbridge Wells, Kent
“As soon as we met the team at UK Caravan we knew we were in good hands. The team are incredibly knowledgeable and could answer the many questions and any of the concerns we had. Their professionalism outshone any of the other caravan retailers we had previously met and there was always someone available to speak to in the time it took our caravan to arrive and following the delivery. The quality of product that they suppled is proven, we have been living in our caravan for 8 months now whilst we complete a self-build and have not experienced any issues whatsoever.”
Tim & Iona Young – Berkshire, Reading
From Delta’s founding in 1983 to the present, Delta Caravans has had a commitment to quality, flexibility and customer service.
This is most evident in Delta homes is widely recognized leadership in flexibility. Flexibility that provides each and every Delta Manufactured Home customer the opportunity to put their own personal touches into their home. Delta takes pride in the fact that their excellent technology and skills allow them to be as flexible as their customers’ ideas, and at an affordable price.
Today Delta Caravans are one of the largest Caravan Manufacturers in the UK, exporting all around Europe. Delta are one of the few manufacturers that is still privately owned and is a family business. Based in Hull, England, Delta take pride in making all the Mobile Homes from scratch in their factory.
At the UK Caravan Centre, we ask for a minimum of 20% to secure your order. The order time depends but usually takes around 10-12weeks.
Here at The UK Caravan Centre, we are committed to offering the best value available in the UK. While we strive to do so by providing an unmatched range of products and excellent customer service, we also work hard to always be competitively priced. We are so confident that we are, we promise to match any advertised price inclusive of delivery costs from other UK retailers. We never want our customers to have to decide between what we feel is the best online retail experience in the market and a lower price. At UK Caravan Centre, we want you to have both the best shopping experience and the best prices!
What requirements must be met to have a price matched?
All of UK Caravan Centre’s Mobile Homes destined for delivery within the UK are eligible for a price match. However, the product offered elsewhere, its purchase price, and the competitor must meet the following criteria:
- The competitor’s product must be identical as that offered at UKCC (e.g. same size, colour, specification, model year, etc.)
- The competitor’s product must be in their stock (at their showground) at the time of the price matching
- The competitor’s price must include delivery, or, if not, delivery costs will be added to the offer price to create a total price inclusive of delivery (delivery costs will be estimated using the competitor’s delivery policies based on that product alone being ordered)
- The competitor’s price must be publicly advertised online and verifiable at the time of the price matching, and cannot include any volume, personal or membership discounts. We cannot match multi-item promotional offers like “buy one get one free” or bulk buying discounts
- The competitor must be based in the UK and sell direct to consumers, e.g., no auction or marketplace sites like ebay or Amazon resellers. (If you have a price from an international retailer, we will still endeavour to match the price, but we cannot guarantee it – please ask!)
- Note that no other promotional offers can be used with a product which is price matched. In other words, discount vouchers cannot be applied to price matched products to receive a further discount. We cannot retrospectively price match after the product has been ordered. We reserve the right to restrict the number of items which can be purchased at a matched price to that which can be reasonably expected to be for personal use – purchase of multiple items at a matched price will only be allowed at the discretion of UKCC’s customer service team.
The UK Caravan Centre, we currently do not provide finance but are looking into providing this facility, if you are buying on a Park they often have different packages.
If you are buying for private land, you cannot get a mortgage on a Mobile Home but there are specialist lenders that will Loan against the value of your new home. Please contact one our sales team for more information.
We always advise our customers to obtain insurance for protection. Please check the details to make sure you will meet the insurance requirements, i.e. for the wind protection insurance element you maybe required to chain down the home in all 4 corners.
We offer mobile homes Offsite, which means you are free to put them where ever you want, this could be on a farm, on a loved one’s piece of land, in a garden or onto a Caravan Park.
Caravan Parks need to charge more for the homes as they have large running costs that they need to cover, including the land itself.
Holiday Parks generally will not allow you to bring a Mobile Home to their site. Some smaller parks however may charge you a ‘bring on fee’ and this will vary.
The UK Caravan Centre has a large database of Caravan Parks in the South East so depending on what kind of park you might want to reside in we can help.
If you do like one of our homes, but are unsure if a park will allow you to bring on, we can always deal with the park on your behalf.
We are very proud to display decking at our showground, which is supplied by Class Act of the Mayfield Group www.themayfieldgroup.co.uk
They have a broad range of stunning products which will not only stylishly complement your home but also will increase your living space area.
Call us now to find out what we have in stock available for immediate delivery.
We have homes and productions slots booked in throughout the year, so give us a call to see what home we have to suit your requirements.
The Caravan Extravaganza @ The Lawns, Hull
Public Days – 2nd & 3rd September / Trade Only Days- 5th – 7th September
Holiday Caravan 2017 @ Beaulieu, The New Forest
22nd to 24th September (Trade & Public)
We will be with Delta Caravans and Regal Holiday Homes, showcasing the brand new range for 2018
Please make an appointment to avoid any disappointment
You can move the static caravan or park home very slowly by a 4×4 of equivalent, but this is only meant to be for a few feet whilst pushing the home into position – a mobile home weighs roughly from 6 tonnes upwards so to hook on the back on most cars is impossible.
The UK Caravan Centre does not sell tourer caravans, we however sometimes will accept a tourer in part exchange. We do know of other reputable companies in the local area that sell tourers, new and used.
Residential standard for a mobile home is regulated by the National Caravan Council. It will comply to the British Standards code BS 3632. This means the home has been specifically designed for all year round living.
Many mobile homes feature Double Glazing and Central Heating. If you have both these features, it can still mean that the home doesn’t qualify to have the specification BS 3632, the Residential Specification. BS 3632 is a residential specification which means the mobile home is designed for residential use. However a mobile home can still have elements of this residential specification but doesn’t qualify as a BS 3632 home as the rooms have to be of a minimum size. The EN 1647 standard generally means that the mobile home won’t have as high grade of insulation level as the BS 3632. You can get a mobile home which is large enough be built in a BS 3632 spec also in EN 1647 spec. The EN 1647 standard generally means that the mobile home won’t have as high grade of insulation level as the BS 3632. You can get a mobile home which is large enough be built in a BS 3632 spec also in EN 1647 spec. There are also different grades of insulation, to make the home more suitable to what you are using it for, call our advisers to find the home that is right for you.
It varies depending on the manufacturers, if you are not quite ready to buy though we can advise you of any likely price changes.
New Holiday Homes – the removable contents carry 20% VAT (items such as white goods, sofas, and beds). And 5% VAT is applied to the remainder of the home. With new residential homes – 0% is applied ot the home with the removable goods carrying 20% VAT. Mobile homes that have been occupied prior to April 2013 are treated at 0% VAT, and the removable goods may still carry VAT at 20%
Once the transporter has got to into a suitable location to offload the home, ramps will then be attached out the back to form a gentle slope from the trailer to the ground level. The home will then be gently guided down the ramps until it has reached ground level. It is then ready to be pulled into position with a 4×4 or tractor. If this is not possible, then there is the option that a crane could pick up the home straight from the trailer.
Yes this is possible subject to survey.
A home is not called a mobile home for no reason. Yes you can move a mobile home……………..
Siting, electric hook up, gas certification and connection, water connection, and annual gas certification. Some customers do some of these theirselves, but always with elctric work and gas work , qulaified engineers must do the job.
Mobile homes are generally timber frames buildings with a chassis base on wheels
No you can’t. Our showground is to come and view the home to either put on private land or a park, we can help you find a perfect spot for any of the static caravans we have here at Billericay.
Yes there are specific models which are wheel chair friendly. They will have features such as wider access ways throughout the home, wider doors (sometimes sliding), low threshold external doors, low level worktops, portable helper frames and full wet shower rooms.
If however you have other disabilities we can adapt the home to suit you and future proof the home so you will not have to change it going forward.
We have a decking company locally based in Essex that we use, and can recommend. They can supply and fit, we can arrange this for you so you do not have to lift a finger.
No you can not get a residential mortgage like you would on a house.
You can however get a loan from a bank which will have the best rates or we have a third party we can recommend :
The British Holiday & Home Parks Association is the only organisation established exclusively to serve and represent the interests of the parks industry in the UK. Membership is made up of the owners and managers of park home estates, touring and tenting parks, caravan holiday home parks, chalet parks and all types of self-catering accommodation.
The UK Caravan Centre is proud to be a member of this organisation, it provides both our customers and retailers with confidence we are in a position to give the best advice and service possible.
The UK Caravan Centre’s GDPR Policy
At The UK Caravan Centre, we take your privacy seriously.
We are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation, looking after the personal information you share with us is very important and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better purchasing experience.
What we use your data for
When we know a bit about you, we can provide an easier purchasing experience for you. We like to think of us putting ourselves in your shoes to help achieve the best solution for you.
Here are some ways your information may be used:
• Ensuring that we contact you easily
• Providing information you may have requested or we feel may be relevant to you
• Analysing the performance of our adverts
• Assessing our sales / aftersales services
• Improving our products / services
Data we collect
Any information that we have is most likely to have been provided by you. You may have filled out a form on our website or have phoned us and provided information via the telephone call.
Sharing your Data
Once you have purchased, we will need to share your data with relevant contractors in order to deliver your product, but they will only be receiving the relevant contact details. We also may use third parties to help us manage our advertising more effectively, and to help manage our customer relationships more efficiently.
You can access your personal data or request for it to be deleted or updated at any point.
If you have any generally questions about your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of ‘GDPR’.
Thank you for taking the time to read our policy.